Page 1: Page 1
Thank you for your interest in attending our Interview, Applicant or Open Day.
The University of Surrey is able to support students attending an Interview, Applicant or Open day with a travel bursary of £40. This will be transferred to your bank account after you have attended your scheduled visit.
To be eligible you must satisfy all of the essential criteria below, in addition to one of the listed Widening Participation and Outreach (WP&O) criteria.
- Home students (currently residing in the UK/ UK postcode)
- Studying/studied at a state-funded school or college
- Booked on an applicant, interview or open day
- Care experienced students (ever lived in public care or as a looked after child including: with foster carers under local authority care; in a residential children's home; looked after at home under a supervision order; living with friends or relatives in kinship care).
- Estranged students
- Young carers
- forced migrants (Refugees and Asylum seekers including those given Humanitarian Protection, Limited Leave to Remain or Discretionary Leave to Remain in UK)
- Adult learners (students starting their first degree over the age of 21)
- Gypsy, Roma, Irish Traveller, Showperson or Boater students
- Students in receipt of free school meals (within the last 6 years)
- Students in receipt of a 16-19 bursary
- Students from areas of multiple deprivation (*see IMD look up tool below)
- Students from low participation neighbourhoods (**see POLAR4 look up tools below)
- Disabled students.
*You can check your postcodes Index of Multiple Deprivation data using this online look up tool. Your postcode must be in a decile from 1 to 4 (see column F).
**You can check whether you live in a low participation neighbourhood using this online postcode look up tool. Your postcode must be quintile 1 or 2 against POLAR 4 (see table on map).
To manage applications to the Interview, Applicant and Open Day Travel Bursary we collect personal data on your: name, date of birth, gender, email address and mobile number and special category data. For information about how we process your data, please read our General Privacy Notice and Privacy notice for School/College students.
Please tick 'Yes' below if you agree to the above privacy notice. If you do not agree, we cannot process your application further so please close this window.
Please tell us what on campus event you are attending